Since MedPro was founded in 2009, we weren’t able to service the state of New Jersey. However, we are pleased to announce that with our new Medical Waste and Sharps Mail Back program, we are now available to service all individuals and facilities located in New Jersey!
New Jersey residents can now dispose of their sharps in a safe, convenient, and cost-effective manner. Through this mail back program, you can dispose of all types of sharps, including syringes, needles, and lancets. We also have mail back systems that can also dispose of medical waste, including pharmaceuticals.
MedPro has been safely disposing of sharps and other medical waste since 2009. Our company’s founders were hearing so many complaints about the high costs of medical waste disposal and knew they had to do something about it. During the past several years, MedPro has become a leading medical waste disposal company that provides low-cost medical waste disposal services to 44 states across the country. With our Sharps Mail Back service now available, we have expanded our sharps disposal coverage nationwide.
Why choose a mail back service?
We provide sharps disposal containers to a wide variety of waste generators including individual persons, doctor’s offices, and veterinary offices. We accommodate a variety of needs by offering an array of different sized containers, ranging from a 1.2-gallon sharps disposal container to a 18-gallon sharps disposal container. We also offer 2-packs and 4-packs of our most popular container sizes.
Arranging for a company to pick up your sharps disposal containers is expensive and inconvenient. Additionally, larger medical waste disposal companies may not choose to work with individuals or smaller facilities. This is why our Sharps Mail Back program is the right choice for so many people.
The process is simple.
- MedPro will send you the sharps disposal container that best suits your needs. A variety of sizes is available. You can order online or over the phone.
- You place the designated items into the sharps disposal container, including needles, syringes, lancets, broken glass, scalpels, knife blades, and orthodontic wires.
In addition to the sharps disposal container, you will also receive a return shipping carton and manifest papers. But more on those items later…
How does it work?
As you begin using your sharps disposal container, just drop in your needles. You don’t have to re-cap your needles. In fact, we ask that you do NOT re-cap your needles because re-capping them can cause needle sticks.
When your sharps disposal container becomes full, it’s time to mail back the container to MedPro. There is an easy-to-read fill line on each of our containers. Do not fill the container beyond this line. If the container is filled beyond the fill line you will be unable to close and lock and the container, which is a requirement for return shipping.
When the sharps disposal container is closed and locked, simply place it into the return shipping carton that you received along with the container, but do not close the carton yet! We need you to take a few minutes to complete the manifest paperwork that you received with the sharps disposal container and return shipping carton. When your sharps have been destroyed, you will receive written verification that your sharps were properly destroyed.
Once your sharps disposal container and the manifest paperwork has been placed into the return shipping carton, you can seal the carton and mail it back to us. Our return shipping cartons are clearly marked with our address information and come with prepaid postage. Ship them as you would ship any package through the US Postal Service. Our return shipping cartons have been thoroughly tested by an independent lab to ensure that they are safe to transport through the US Postal Service.
That’s all there is to it. There is no contract involved and no hidden fees. You do not pay separate shipping, handling, or destruction fees. When you order your sharps disposal container, the price you pay is all-inclusive.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-402-7499 anytime.
- Blood and other liquids should NOT be placed into the sharps disposal container. If you have the need for medical waste disposal beyond sharps, we can also provide mail back pharmaceutical waste containers and mail back medical waste containers.
- Our medical waste containers are appropriate for bandages, swabs, exam gloves, and other forms of biomedical waste. Please note that blood and other liquid should NOT be placed into any of our mail back containers.
- Do not attempt to send them to us using any other carrier. You may only use the return shipping cartons that we provide, as using your own packaging materials is neither safe nor compliant with US Postal Service policy. Please contact us if you need a replacement return shipping carton.