Jacksonville, FL Medical Waste Disposal Savings
|Practice Type||Zip Code||Projected Annual Savings|
Medical Waste Disposal Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, by area, is the largest city in Florida and has a very progressive healthcare delivery system. Doctors, nurses, hospitals, and support industries all work together as a team to improve efficiency and safety protocols for everyone’s benefit. MedPro Waste Disposal is proud to be a partner to be a member of the team, providing reliable service at very competitive prices.
Serving the Jacksonville health care industry are St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Baptist Health and UF Health Jacksonville for local residents. Additionally, Nemours Children’s Clinic and Mayo Clinic Hospital each draw patients regionally. Medical waste, also called bio-medical waste and bio-hazardous waste is a common by-product of these facilities, and it must be collected, transported, and disposed of by trained personnel who work for licensed and insured medical waste service providers, like MedPro Waste Disposal.
The Florida Department of Health and the Department of Environmental Protection work together to regulate medical waste because of its potential to harm both humans and the environment.
There are approximately 38,000 facilities in Florida that generate biomedical waste. These include hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, laboratories, funeral homes, dentists, veterinarians, physicians, and others. The objective of the biomedical waste program is to protect health care workers, environmental-service staff, waste haulers, and the general public from risks associated with potentially infectious biomedical waste.
MedPro has listened to the medical community in Jacksonville, and they have asked for help. The most common requests we hear from doctors and administers are:
Low Costs – Responsive Service – Rigid Compliance – Training – Reduced Paperwork
We responded with the MedPro Advantage:
- We lowered costs by streamlining our collection and transportation operations. Whenever possible we schedule pick-ups for offices in the same region for the same day. We also design service plans so they are “right-sized” – the right number of pick-ups. There is certainly no sense to stop at a doctor’s office to pick up an empty sharps receptacle. Savings in time and fuel are passed on to our customers because this is how we not only lower costs but we build trust and loyalty. Our nationwide resources permit us to coordinate and manage work flows, another savings we pass on to customers.
- MedPro developed a new position, the Dedicated Customer Advocate. This position is a person who is responsible for a select number of accounts and is responsible for all contact and resolution of issues. Doctors and nurses are too busy to wait on hold only to speak with a robot. It’s unacceptable and MedPro won’t allow it.
- MedPro operates in 44 states, and in all 44 states we strictly follow the rules and regulations that cover medical waste collection and transportation. Our personnel are trained and re-trained which is why we have a very impressive safety record and reputation. We also carry a very significant amount of insurance, above and beyond the required coverage, which gives our customers added peace-of-mind.
- Training is an area we are especially proud of. Our website serves as a gateway to the MedPro Online Safety Compliance Portal, a unique platform for customers to create mandated safety plans, complete OSHA and HIPPA training and certification, and print customized Safety Data Sheets. The platform also has a ICD9 to ICD10 conversion tool for those going through that conversion process. Regulations from coast-to-coast are loaded into the program for easy reference, as are safety audits. Being prepared for inspections is smart.
- Our customers have told us they have too much paperwork to deal with ad they don’t like hidden charges on their invoices. We answered the call with one-flat-fee pricing and simple, no nonsense invoices. Our customers can pay online or with a stamp, whatever works best for them.
Our customers also appreciate added-value of printed material and posters for their offices to remind employees about safety procedures. The goal of zero-accidents and injuries should be first and foremost for everyone in the healthcare industry.
MedPro is more than a service provider. We are a consultative partner and member of the Jacksonville healthcare team. Working together we can achieve the goal of safer and more efficient delivery of superior medical care for everyone who lives and works in the Jacksonville area.
Getting a price quote from our sales department is the first step toward partnering with MedPro – call 888-641-6131 for a knowledgeable and helpful representative.