What is Healthcare Compliance?
Healthcare compliance “can be defined as the ongoing process of meeting or exceeding the legal, ethical, and professional standards applicable to a particular healthcare organization or provider”, according to Compliance.com.
There are many facets of healthcare compliance and no shortage of laws and regulations to stay compliant with pertaining to various categories of operations. As the same Compliance.com resource we’ve just cited notes, the scope of compliance can extend to things like “patient care, billing, reimbursement, managed care contracting, research standards, OSHA, The Joint Commission standards, and HIPAA privacy and security”, among other things.
With that in mind, a good healthcare compliance program takes all of these into consideration when developing a process for healthcare staff training as well as certification in healthcare compliance.
Who Regulates Healthcare Compliance?
Healthcare compliance rules and regulations have been established to protect the safety of patients and promote a higher quality of patient care. Moreover, everyone in your healthcare organization is responsible for adhering to best practices and established standards.
Because of this complexity, there are also many governing bodies that regulate healthcare compliance, including but not limited to:
- The Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- The Joint Commission
- The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHS)
Interested in Medical Waste Disposal service?
Get a fast free quote now!
What Happens When You’re Noncompliant?
Staying compliant with all applicable laws and regulations is of the utmost importance for your medical facility. If you do somehow become noncompliant, you are at risk of:
- Hefty fines and charges
- Legal action including malpractice lawsuits
- Sometimes irreparable damage to reputation
- …And more
MedPro Disposal Healthcare Compliance Services for OSHA & HIPAA
From medication compliance teaching as part of our healthcare compliance training to healthcare employee training and even compliance tracking, we’ve got you covered with our various healthcare compliance solutions, which include:
- Online OSHA & HIPAA Compliance Training: The importance of staff training in healthcare can’t be overemphasized. Staying compliant with OSHA and HIPAA regulations and process mandates in particular is especially important for medical facilities, which are legally required to meet stringent compliance standards, including getting certified. Luckily, organizations like MedPro Disposal can help facilities such as yours navigate the onerous and sometimes confusing landscape of healthcare compliance with our organized and easy-to-follow training modules.
- Easy Compliance Tracking: Are all your staff members compliant? Does anyone need to be recertified? Are your procedures compliant? It’s easy to stay on top of all that and more with our OSHA & HIPAA compliance solutions.
- Tools to Safeguard Protected Patient Information: Remaining compliant with HIPAA in particular necessitates carefully safeguarding patient information. Luckily, among our healthcare compliance services, we offer OfficeSpace, which helps with personal identity theft, email encryption, and even keeps a physical, encrypted copy of all your records, so you’re ready for anything.
- A Simple Guide to Certification: Need assistance with medical compliance certification? We’re here to help!
We also offer convenient solutions for medical waste disposal, data and document destruction, and pharmaceutical waste disposal.
Our solutions in these areas complement our healthcare compliance solutions because there are intersections between all areas.
For instance, choosing our pharmaceutical waste disposal solution can help you remain compliant with OSHA, since “The OSHA standard provides that regulated waste containing contaminated sharps be discarded in containers which are: a) closable, b) puncture resistant; c) leakproof on sides and bottom; and d) labeled or color-coded in accordance with the standard [29 CFR 1910.1030(d)(4)(iii)(A)]” [emphasis added], according to this OSHA standards interpretation resource.
Learn More About How MedPro Disposal Can Help You Remain Compliant!
The landscape of healthcare compliance is ever-changing, so staying on top of everything can seem next to impossible. But with MedPro Disposal’s unique solutions and services, knowing how to remain compliant is easy!
Interested in learning more about our healthcare compliance services? Whether you have questions about our training specifically, our certification guides, or are curious to learn more about our compliance services, we are here to help! Give us a call now at (888) 641-6131 for additional information and assistance or get a quote now.