Biohazard Waste Disposal Services

Biohazard Waste Disposal and Management Services

MedPro Disposal has helped a considerable number of businesses in the medical field manage and dispose of their biohazard waste. And we can help you, too!

We know that every business has different biohazard waste disposal needs. MedPro offers the expertise required to help you safely and compliantly dispose of all your dangerous and infectious biohazard waste.

With our regulated waste disposal services and compliance management in your corner, you don’t have to worry about what to do with bio waste anymore. We’ll take care of everything from collection to decontamination and disposal.

Get the premium service you deserve at an affordable rate. Get a quote now to see how much you could be saving!

Biohazard Waste, Defined

Biohazard waste is generally defined as any waste contaminated with potentially infectious agents or materials that may pose a threat to public health or the environment. Biohazardous waste includes:

  • Medical waste
  • Sharps
  • Other Biohazardous Substances

However, medical waste is more-specifically considered waste that is generated in a lab or clinical setting.

How is Biohazard Waste Generated?

According to the World Health Organization, of all waste generated by healthcare activities, 85% is general, non-hazardous waste but the remaining 15% is hazardous and may be infectious, toxic, or radioactive. Biohazard waste, also known as “Bio waste” or “Biomedical waste” is generated by:

  • Healthcare Facilities (hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, physician offices, dentist offices, home health care facilities)
  • Medical Research Laboratories / Centers (including animal research & testing laboratories and schools & universities)
  • Mortuary & Autopsy Centers and Funeral Homes
  • Blood Banks and Collection Services
  • Jails and Prisons
  • Casinos
  • Veterinarian Offices, Animal Shelters, and Animal Hospitals

Biohazard waste can also be present at the scene of a violent crime, industrial accident, trauma, or suicide. [i] [ii]

Contact Us for More Information or Give us a Call

for a Fast Free Quote: 1-888-641-6131

Reasons to Choose Us for Disposal of Biohazard Waste

Biohazard waste is often infectious, and infectious waste often contains a wide variety of pathogenic microorganisms. These pathogens can spread diseases such as Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, HIV, and more. Healthcare waste may also contain bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics.

Therefore, it is important for healthcare facilities to take caution while handling biohazardous material and that only trained personnel handle and transcript this type of waste for disposal.

Additionally, there are important Biomedical waste disposal guidelines you must follow. Biohazard disposal is not something you should take lightly.

Because of the importance of carefully following stringent best-practices and meeting compliance regulations surrounding biohazard waste management and disposal, most hospitals and medical establishments choose to contract out their waste disposal with biomedical waste solutions from organizations such as MedPro Disposal.

A man taking biohazard waste to dispose of

MedPro Disposal Can Help You
Manage & Dispose of Your Bio Waste

For additional information about how we can help you with your biohazard waste management and disposal needs, please refer to the many resources available on our site, or ask about our OSHA Compliance Training services.

Find Out How Much You Can Save Instantly.

Try our on-line savings calculator.


  • Hazard Awareness and Management Manual (HAMM): VI. Hazardous Waste Directory: 8.0 Biohazardous Waste.  Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.  Retrieved from
  • (November 2015).  Media Centre: Fact sheets: Health-care waste.  World Health Organization.  Retrieved from
  • U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment.  (September 1990).  Finding the Rx for Managing Medical Wastes.  (OTA-O-459).  Washington, DC: USGPO.
  • Safe management of wastes from health-care activities: 7 – Handling, storage, and transportation of health-care waste.  World Health Organization.  Retrieved from WHO.

*The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing any State or Federal Guidelines or any legal advice.

Biohazard Symbol
Scroll to Top