Boise, ID Medical Waste Disposal Savings
|Practice Type||Zip Code||Projected Annual Savings|
Medical Waste Disposal Boise, Idaho
Boise Idaho is home to Boise State University, and the healthcare needs of many residents are handled by doctors and nurses associated with the St. Luke’s Health System and St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center.
When many people think about people associated with their healthcare they never consider the supporting industries that work behind the scenes. Medical waste disposal is one of those industries, and it’s actually quite important.
Almost every medical facility produces medical waste, also called biohazardous waste, and infectious waste. Doctor’s offices, dental offices, veterinary clinics, all produce medical waste. Regulated medical waste, also known as infectious waste and biohazardous waste, is a waste that is known or reasonably expected to contain pathogens. Pathogens are microorganisms and other agents that can cause disease in humans or animals. Examples of regulated medical waste include blood-borne pathogens, pathological and anatomical waste, human blood and blood products, cultures and stocks of infectious agents, sharps such as needles, isolation waste generated by hospitalized patients who are isolated to protect others from communicable disease, and contaminated animal carcasses, body parts, and bedding.
In Idaho medical waste is regulated by the Department of Environmental Quality and their website has details about rules, restrictions, and definitions they use to maintain the public health. Due to the potential danger inherent with medical waste, companies that collect and transport it must be licensed and insured. Their employees must be thoroughly trained to avoid accidents. Everyone remembers the stories in the news about an outbreak of Ebola where people were stuck with infected needles and became seriously ill.
MedPro Waste Disposal operates in 44 states including Idaho, and in Boise we are an integral member of the healthcare community. Nationwide we have listened to healthcare professionals and they have told us that in the current healthcare climate they are very concerned about rising costs.
MedPro is committed to offering solutions, and so we made adjustments to our collection and transportation operations that have reduced our costs. These savings are passed on to our customers, and that benefit along with several others are bundled into what we call the MedPro Advantage:
- Right-Sized Service – Every MedPro customer receives a service plan and schedule that suits their specific needs. Pick-ups are scheduled as needed and on a frequency that makes sense for their business. MedPro is a consultative partner to all our customers, so we work with doctors and nurses to set up a layout for receptacles and sharps disposal containers that is efficient and safe.
- Training – This is a huge area of concern because the healthcare industry has very stringent compliance responsibilities. MedPro stepped up to help our customers with the Online Safety Compliance Portal. This is a very valuable tool that includes modules for HIPPA and HazCom training, a mechanism to draft safety plans for fire-prevention, exposure control, and emergency preparedness, and the ability to prints Safety Sheets. The cloud-based platform also has access to safety regulations and even a translator tool for ICD9 to ICD10 conversion.
- Low Risk – Working with MedPro means working with a company that carries a substantial amount of quality insurance. Above and beyond the required levels, MedPro’s insurance gives our customers a high level of confidence and a low level of risk.
- Customer Service – Our customers in Boise and across Idaho have access to a Dedicated Customer Advocate. This person is available for issues and questions, and is asked for by name when customers call our office. Prompt and accurate responses are the expected and delivered by our outstanding customer service representatives.
- Streamlined Invoicing – Our customers have asked for less paperwork and simplified invoices, and we responded with just that. Every MedPro customer receives an invoice with one-flat-fee and no hidden charges or fees.
MedPro Waste Disposal is proud to work with Boise’s doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to cooperatively share expertise, moving toward a common goal of zero-accidents. We are always happy to provide posters with safety tips for display in exam rooms to remind staff that everyone’s first thought should be safety.
Working with MedPro starts with a phone call to our sales department. Most doctors and administrators are very pleased when they receive one of our price quotes. Call us at 888-641-6131