MedPro Disposal Addresses A Key Challenge for Healthcare Organizations Seeking To Safeguard Patient Information
MedPro Disposal, a leader in medical waste disposal services, is pleased to announce its new partnership with PCIHIPAA, a leading Payments Card Industry (PCI) and HIPAA compliance provider. The partnership is focused on protecting MedPro Disposal clients from the onslaught of HIPAA violations which include ransomware attacks and data breaches impacting medical and dental practices throughout the United States. According to the site HHS.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services), over 870,000 patient records were breached just in the month of July 2018.
Is your practice HIPAA compliant?
Take your FREE Risk Assessment today courtesy of PCIHIPAA!
An annual HHS requirement and $750 value covered by MedPro Disposal!
Start Your HIPAA Risk Assessment!
Protected Health Information (PHI) continues to be under attack as hackers strive to monetize the stolen data on the dark web. The types of HIPAA violations most often identified are:
- Impermissible uses and disclosures of protected health information (PHI)
- Lack of technology safeguards of PHI
- Lack of adequate contingency planning in case of a data breach or ransomware attack
- Lack of administrative safeguards of PHI
- Lack of a mandatory HIPAA risk assessment
- Lack of executed Business Associate Agreements
- Lack of employee training and updated policies and procedures
“At MedPro Disposal we are building a center of excellence for all healthcare providers. We vetted many HIPAA compliance providers and believe PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program is the right program to add to our current product suite. Our partnership adds to our waste management solution and aligns with our strategy to save healthcare providers time and money. We are looking forward to working with PCIHIPAA and providing our clients with an added layer of savings, confidence, and peace of mind.
– George Shanine, CEO of MedPro Disposal
PCIHIPAA’s OfficeSafe Compliance Program provides a number of key features and benefits that enable busy practices and office managers to easily comply with HIPAA requirements. The OfficeSafe Compliance Program includes:
- HIPAA Policies and Procedures – a guided navigation to easily create, update and record your HIPAA Policies and Procedures
- HIPAA Checklist – an easy checklist to follow the compliance status of your office
- Online HIPAA Employee Training – comprehensive training options for staff to provide insight into the latest HIPAA Regulations
- HIPAA Compliance Webinars – education webinars to learn more about HIPAA Regulations
- PCI and HIPAA Data Breach, Non-Compliance, Privacy, Network Security and Ransom Insurance Coverage
- Identity Restoration for doctors and their families
- Encrypted Data Backup and E-mail Services
- Annual PCI Compliance and Certification (Annual SAQ / Quarterly IP Scans)
“We are excited about our partnership with MedPro Disposal. They have saved the healthcare industry millions of dollars on waste management services, and continue to push the envelope with helping healthcare providers. PCIHIPAA aligns closely with MedPro Disposal because we also help practices save time and money on Payment Card Industry and HIPAA compliance. We are changing lives by removing the uncertainties surrounding compliance and patient data privacy and security issues. We find that many practices don’t have the resources to navigate HIPAA law, and are unaware of even their most common vulnerabilities.”
– Jeff Broudy, CEO of PCIHIPAA
About MedPro Disposal
MedPro Disposal was founded in 2009 out of a need for lower-cost medical waste disposal services after hearing complaints about regular and frequent price increases within the waste disposal industry. The company began in Illinois and has grown into a premiere waste disposal company, servicing 44 of the 50 states. MedPro Disposal provides regulated pick-up, transportation, treatment and disposal services for regulated medical waste, biohazard waste, sharps, and pharmaceuticals (RX). They also provide a mail-back sharps container service and safety compliance training.
PCIHIPAA is an industry leader in PCI and HIPAA compliance by providing turnkey, convenient solutions for its clients. Its OfficeSafe Compliance Program is “award-winning” and takes the guesswork out of compliance while providing the assurance and insurance healthcare providers need to protect their future. PCIHIPAA was recently voted one of the Top 10 Healthcare Compliance Companies of 2017. Learn more at OfficeSafe.com and PCIHIPAA.com